Friday 6 May 2011

Tomorrow will be better


Today, my solicitor finally sent his bill. I’ve written to everyone concerned – aunts, Mum’s doctor, social workers and so on, explaining that I can’t take over Mum’s financial affairs and that I’ve tried to find out what the problem was with the EPA and hit a brick wall. Basically, I’ve told everyone that I can’t do anymore but it’s not for want of trying.
To add to my distress over losing Milo, I’ve also found out that my pet agency hasn’t been doing things exactly as they should, having been given advice that was not up to date.
Now I have to be inspected by the Council too and apply for a licence myself when I thought that was the point of boarding through an agency. They can’t come round until the 23rd which is annoying as I’d really like to get everything sorted.
I know all these checks and paperwork and licences are designed to prevent animals coming to harm, but there’s nothing to stop anyone obtaining an animal and mistreating it. The man who caused all the trouble never takes his dog for a walk or allows her to interact with other animals, but there’s nothing to prevent him from having pets.
I wonder when we’ll reach the point that when your next door neighbour asks you to feed their cat when they’re away, you’ll have to say no because you don’t have the right paperwork. I  shouldn’t be ranting, but sometimes everything gets to me. It’s been another s****y 24 hours and I really need some good news for a change.

1 comment:

  1. Linda
    sorry to hear about your sh*tty day - added to your distress over Milo. He does look like a lovely dog in the picture. It's so upsetting when they die, I know. I had a golden spaniel years ago (must be over 30) and I still think about him. I hope things get better for you soon.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete