Sunday 1 May 2011

Another Bank Holiday weekend


.
In the morning I went to Wetherby Race Course to look at the boot sale. I came away with a few plants, and a snake brooch.  We came home via Morrisons as I needed the loo, so was able to buy some meat to freeze. For me, their meat selection is far superior to any of the other, local, supermarkets.
I was going to put the plants in, but the wind ruined that plan. I decided to spend most of the day working on the book about Mum. I haven’t do0ne much work on it this week, as  I’ve been in two minds about whether to continue writing it.
When I was looking for something else entirely, I came across an old diary from 1996. There are only a couple of lines for each day and they’re mainly written in note form, some of which I can’t read, but it was still interesting, if depressing reading. I found mention of many incidents when Mum played up, caused trouble, complained or told out and out lies about me to gain sympathy. Reading the diary has been a great help.
Things were as bad as I remembered. I have to finish the book, even if the only people who get to see it are social workers and my aunts.

1 comment:

  1. Ive been wanting to get out my garden for the last few days...but the wind!

    You must carry on with your book, you've got this far, don't stop now. xx

    ReplyDelete