Tuesday 3 January 2012

Feeling grumpy, mainly with myself

I have managed to get myself into a miserable grumpy mood, so now I’m cross with myself for wallowing in it when I know perfectly well that I can do something to snap myself out of it.
I was doing OK this morning, contacting various people trying to get something organised for when my book comes out – I had no idea it would be so soon.
This afternoon I’d signed my lodger, John, up for a new Quiz/Mind Games group at Good Neighbours but said I’d go along the first week to boost the numbers. When we got there, the organiser had called in sick, but nobody had bothered to call me so we were the only ones there. We had a game of Scrabble rather than go back straight out into the hammering rain and gale force winds. On the way home I went into Tescos where a saleswoman was rude, sarcastic and offensive because I started to use one of the self checkouts not knowing that there was a queue.
It just goes to prove that my dread fear of confrontation is still with me and I need to work on it I should have said, ‘what’s your name? I want to talk to the manager about your attitude,’ but I just ran away, all upset. The net result is I haven’t done a thing I meant to do, just moped about instead. The worse thing is knowing that I’m choosing to behave this way. I decided to forget about today and get back to working hard tomorrow, then I had a call from a friend I’d promised to meet up with in the New Year – yes, tomorrow. Oh well, I guess it will have to wait AGAIN.
I’ll switch off the PC and go and give the dog a cuddle instead. She’s been so quiet since she got here, it’s as though she’s not the same dog as she was last year.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs Linda - just put it down to 'one of those days'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those horrible days as Diane says. Don't be too hard on yourself as it all gets better with practice, practice and more practice. Enjoy your cuddles with Leah, maybe she needs one too.

    ReplyDelete