Saturday 18 June 2011

ELFM Readathon

I was very impressed with East Leeds f.m.
They have been using an old rundown chapel in Seacroft to broadcast from. It was all very well run with lots of young people around, learning the ropes. Apparently they need £400,000 if they want to buy the chapel and convert it for permanent use. I’d love to help, but I’m not in the position to right now.
I caught a bus after my art class (disappointing, copying Van Gogh Irises) and was quite surprised at the fare, £.1.90 for a single and it wasn’t that far. I was there in the afternoon, reading one of my stories. I followed a poet who poems on dementia, I thought, were brilliant. Afterwards I encouraged him to try Leeds Writers Circle to make more contacts.
I went back again at nine thirty to take part in a readathon – True tales of American Life, which, at the time of writing is still going strong (www.elfm.co.uk). I was there until 11.45 pm and wish I could have stayed longer but my lodger was giving me a lift home and I didn’t want to push my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment