Tuesday 14 June 2011

Bad News

It’s been an up and down day.
I finished another new story for Take a break only to find out (indirectly through the Diamonds And Pearls chat group) that TAB aren’t going to run the Coffee Break story every week. A new editor has arrived which always means trouble. Why they have to change things, I have no idea. It’s a massive blow to me. I’ve been writing for them since 1998, and they are my best paying market. It hurts that they don’t even bother to tell me direct. From now on, my one pagers will have to be written with Womans Weekly in mind which will, at least, make a change.
I’ve also been getting back into writing fillers. I used to do well with them when I was in Devon. There I could use a friend’s and my mother’s addresses as well as my own. I can still use my previous address until November so I might as well make as much use of it as I can.
The conservatory blinds company called to say they’ll be fitting them on the 28th. That’s my birthday so, providing they work (!) that will be a nice gift to me.
Even though I’ve covered them with netting, birds are still grabbing my strawberries as soon as they start to ripen. It’s most annoying! Luckily they’re not interested in my peas.
Angel the boxer loves this warm weather and would lie in the sun all day if I let her. Sadly she gets sunburnt so I have to keep bringing her in. She must think I’m horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment