Sunday 5 June 2011

The bathroom is ALMOST done


Today started early – 4 a.m. when I heard Louis scratching the door. I went down and he’d been sick in the kitchen, not much, probably he was feeling a bit stressed. I mopped it up and went back to bed, but then he started whimpering, so back down I went. In the end he slept in my bedroom, but it wasn’t ideal. Have to see what happens to night.
I finished the report on the Pumpkin stories so that’s ready to send off tomorrow, then did some more work on my north and south story. The trouble is, I’m pretty sure Liars League won’t want it. It’s too much of a womag story.
Decorating the bathroom seems to be taking for ever so I decided to crack on with it today. I finished the last, trick bits of wallpapering (it took hours) then put up some more border tiles – only to find out I didn’t have enough. I have no idea how that happened. I checked the measurements at least three times. Now I’ll have to go back to the shop. Instead of leaving an edge of plaster showing, I covered the edge with wallpaper, lightly stuck on so that I can remove it when I get round to fishing the job. I still have quite a lot of grouting to do too, but I have to say (nobody else will ) that it looks a million times better than it did. Or would if I hadn’t managed to scratch the bath by wearing shoes to get a better grip when stretching for the awkward bits.
I was so worn out (again) I slumped in front of the TV where, luckily for me, they were showing the French Open tennis final. I’m a great Federer fan, but Nadal’s brilliant so I don’t mind too much which of them wins.
It’s raining now so any thoughts of an hour in the garden have to be shelved. I need to have another think about the talk I'm giving on Wednesday to make sure I don’t run out of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment