Thursday 3 March 2011

Still thinking about THE CHASE


Spent the first hour filling in my shortlist questionnaire for THE CHASE. The problem is, I have no idea what they want to hear. I hope I’ve said enough to get a place on the show as it really is my favourite quiz show.
Now I have to write a poem for Leeds Writers Circle poetry competition. I don’t do poetry, but as this is a free competition with cash prizes, I feel compelled to have a go. I have the afternoon off. I usually spend Thursday afternoons volunteering at my Good Neighbours group. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a lot of work done. Tomorrow I have the two new dogs arriving and until they get here, I have no idea how much work they’ll be. I had a ten month old spaniel come to stay recently. She needed attention the whole time which was great fun but not exactly conducive to writing.
Yesterday when I was at York for the audition, I went into Waterstones to see if they had DIAMONDS AND PEARLS in stock. I’ve always wanted to be go to a book shop and see something I’ve written on the shelf. I couldn’t find it so I had a word with one of the assistants.  He checked. They didn’t have it, then he said the words that made me smile. ‘I’ve put one on order.’

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda

    Found you over here from your other website a bit by chance - might be worth putting a link to here in the homepage over there so that people can find you.

    Good luck with The Chase. I admire your courage in going for these things - I would be far too nervous - and hope your application is successful. I hope you'll let us know if/when you'll be on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bernadette
    I'm still trying to get my head round the technicalities!

    ReplyDelete