Wednesday 23 March 2011

THE ROAD TO ENLIGHTENMENT


Today was the last session of the Hitchhikers' Guide to Enlightenment, a course run at the West Yorkshire Playhouse under their Heydays scheme (for people 55 and over – I JUST made it). The conclusion was that we are all one, and that love is basically the answer to everything.
I was left wondering how this applies to me when I may have to give up trying to be a ‘good’ daughter.
If I don’t love myself, by taking are of my needs for a change, what use am I to other people? It’s certainly given me a lot to think about.
I received a letter from Mum’s solicitor today repeating that they cannot give me ANY information because of ‘confidentiality’. I really don’t see how telling me when the new instruction was made breaks this, but it seems they won’t budge. I’m starting to wonder what happens if they refuse to tell my solicitor anything. What do I do then?
Tomorrow, I’d booked a place on a speed dating evening which I would NOT have done if I’d known all this was going to blow up. Luckily for me, I’ve just had an email postponing it for a month as there wasn’t enough interest. Maybe everyone else in Leeds already has love in their lives.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda. I subscribe to Writer's Forum and after reading your article this month thought I would give your blog a look as I love reading your monthly feature in WF.
    I have just read through all your back posts re your mum. How very stressful for you this situation must be. I looked after the elderly for quite a few years and know how hurtful they can be to their nearest and dearest. How on earth you are concentrating on your writing at the moment I don't know, I never seem to have enough quality writing time in my day without added complications.
    A glass or two of wine sometimes helps!

    ReplyDelete