Monday 21 March 2011

Monday, still no word.


The dogs went home yesterday and I miss them. I don’t have another booking until June. At least that gives me a chance to get on with the garden.
I sat down, determined to write a story today. What with all the worry, work has taken a bit of a back seat and if I let that go on much longer I’ll have something else to worry about – no money coming in. Amazingly, the story turned out well and I’ve already printed it off ready to post to Take A Break. I’ll put it in the post box on my way out tonight. I’ve been commandeered to play in the quiz team as 2 other people can’t make it.
I called the Court of Protection this morning. Apparently, applying for Deputyship can take up to 23 weeks. That means if I register the Enduring Power of Attorney in the next few weeks, it will override the Council’s application.   
I chased up the solicitor by email rather than phoning. I’m scared to call him in case it goes on the bill. It’s the waiting that gets to me. Every time I stop to think, I feel like crying. I wrote to my Aunts today (Mum had three brothers who are all dead) asking them if they knew anything about what was happening in Exeter.
Somebody must know something. After all, Denis is still talking to them.  
Last night  Mum phoned three times, asking if she can come and stay with me for a few days because she’s so miserable. What’s wrong, I ask. Don’t ask, she replies. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve had the same conversation. Each time I tell her that she can come and stay whenever she wants but I know she never will.
Last night she said that  she daren’t just turn up in case I don’t want her here, but when I asked where she got that idea from, she couldn’t say. Somebody told me, she says.
There’s no point me going to Devon. By the time I arrived, she’d have forgotten I was coming.  
It’s four o’clock now so I’ll go and spend a few minutes watching the frogs spawning. I tried counting them but there were too many. I could sit and watch them for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment