Saturday 19 March 2011

Not going to Newcastle


Right now I should be on a train heading to Newcastle for the launch of Byker Books’ Radgepacket 5, a new story collection which includes one of my efforts.
In the end, I decided against. I’m feeling completely exhausted at the moment. Until I find out what’s going on with Mum it’s hard to think of much else.
 I spent the morning working on a story but it’s not going well, so time to put it on hold, take the dogs for a good long walk, and maybe do some gardening. I can catch up on work when I feel better. I just wish that somebody would hurry up and tell me what’s going on. I wrote a very nice letter to Mum’s carer, asking him to call me so that we could work together to do what’s best for her, but he didn’t reply. I didn’t really think he would but it was worth a try. The problem is, he’s got it stuck in his head that all I want is Mum’s money when all I’ve ever really wanted is for her to be kind to me, maybe even show me some affection, or give me a word or two of encouragement, but that’s not going to happen now.
I’m thinking about putting everything down in a book, but would anyone want to read it?

2 comments:

  1. Linda
    I think you should write it down in a book. If nothing else, I think it would help you but I also think it would be of interest and yes, people would want to read it!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda
    Yes, I think you should write it. It is a problem many people will be able to identify with now, and I'm sure they would find it comforting to read of your experiences.

    ReplyDelete