Saturday 5 March 2011

OTHER PEOPLE'S DOGS

Did rather better with the food and medication this morning, but still found it stressful. My biggest worry when I got up was whether Sally would have made it through the night without any accidents. Last night, after she was fed, she made a big puddle on the floor of the conservatory. Luckily all was well so I’m putting her accident down to the stress of being somewhere strange. Mind you, she’s a strange little dog. She doesn’t bark or make any nose unless she’s snoring and she totally ignores Humber’s toys. Apparently she considers herself top dog. Every now and then she proves this by trying to mount Humber! He just stands there and lets her get on with it.
I feel sorry for him. He’s got a bad leg, arthritis, but he still wants or run and play, even though his leg must be hurting him. Took them both for a walk to Primrose  Park, a huge open space, ten minutes walk from my house. You’d never know it was there. I can’t wait to see it later in the year. There’s an expanse of water which looks like prime dragonfly and frog country to me.
Having the dogs here is affecting my work. It will get easier once they’ve settled in. Then I’ll be able to relax a  bit more without jumping every time Sally coughs!.

No comments:

Post a Comment