Saturday 31 December 2011

One day left of 2011

Yesterday, my boiler started making strange noises, like rumbling from a very large bear, trapped in a cave. The cupboard the boiler lives in was shaking so much, I had to turn the heating off. Luckily it’s so mild, that wasn’t too much of a problem. I called British Gas who arrived just now to try and fix it.
Woody and Snoopy are here again, just for tonight while their owners go to a New Year party. I spend the whole time smiling when they’re here, they’re so adorable.
I did some work on the book before they arrived. Only five hundred words but that’s OK. I’m still being kind to myself, maybe TOO kind. The plan is to ease myself back into writing once 2012 arrives.
On the 2nd of January my least favourite dog arrives for 17 days.
I first looked after her a year ago. Back then, she came with Milo, the spaniel. I fell for him immediately, but felt no connection to Leah. Sadly, Milo died in July, by which time I’d already promised to look after both dogs this coming January. Obviously I couldn’t let his owner down. Maybe Leah will be different now she’s the only dog. I’ll have to wait and see.
I feel very wicked right now as all I want to do is cuddle Woody and Snoopy and enjoy the rest of today. I will have to keep my fFingers crossed that their owners go to Spain for a month next Summer, then I can look after their dogs for longer.
Not long left of 2011 now. I won't be sorry to see it go. It's been a very hard year and I'm really looking forward to the fresh page that the New Year offers.
Happy New Year to one and all. Let's make it a good one.

1 comment:

  1. A very Happy New Year to you too Linda, and hope it's a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete