Saturday 24 December 2011

THE BEST LAID PLANS

I had plans for today.
John was going away and I planned to use the time to get some work done, but you know what they say about plans.
He was meant to go yesterday but due to offering a lift to someone who was working on Friday, he was still here this morning. He finally left at 9.30.
To get into the Christmas spirit I went down the sops, intending to buy myself an Zmas gift. I found a nice white gold ring, secondhand, which fits perfectly, so treated myself to that (it was les than £50. I also bought another jigsaw, an apricot tart and some cream, three CDs, and a bouquet from the florist comprising nothing but blue flowers to symbolise what should be my last lonely Christmas if my plans for next year come to fruition. It cost just under £15 which is the most I’ve ever spent on flowers for myself and as far as I can remember, the most ANYONE has spent on flowers for me.
I got home ten minutes before noon, so didn’t have logn to get ready before going next door for drinks and nibbles. Two rather nice glasses of mulled wine and lots of nibbles later, I came back home, feeling woozy (no idea if that’s how you spell it). A change of plan was called for, so I sat down and had a go at 2 cryptic crosswords, then played Rocket Mania on the computer – a game I love but try to avoid playing as it takes such a long time.
It’s now 4p.m. I’ve decided to give up any thought of work for today and tomorrow and just do what I feel like and enjoy the peace and quiet so it’s back to the crossword, the jigsaw and the Wii machine. After that I’ll think about preparing some veg for dinner. I might even go to the church service tonight, if I can stay awake. I’ll have to wait and see how I feel. .
TH BEST LAID PLANS

1 comment:

  1. Linda, sounds like a nice lazy day! I am doing a jigsaw too, at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. Have a good Christmas and here's to a happy and successful 2012 for you.
    Best wishes
    Helen
    PS: I got chatting to a lady in my local charity shop and she goes to Swanwick every year. She said you were on her table this year! Her name was Christine. And she might now join my writing class. It's a small world, eh?!

    ReplyDelete