Sunday 4 December 2011

Taking it easier

Now that I’ve recovered from the virus, I’ve been taking it easier than I’ve been doing recently. Surprise surprise, but I’ve discovered that it’s possible to do too much work. Life is about getting the balance right, so from now on, it’s work, rest AND play.
I updated the website with the latest news, then pottered about, reading, tidying, sorting things out.
Tomorrow I’m seeing Rachael to see if any more CBT is on offer and if it is, if she thinks it’s worth pursuing. I’ve more or less lost the negative voice (the parrot) who used to sit on my shoulder telling me that I was old, ugly, fat and stupid which is great, but I still need to learn how to raise my esteem and confidence levels so that I can get out and meet more people and enjoy life.
I confess it makes a change for me to feel optimistic but something tells me that 2012 is going to be a good year (for all of us, I hope).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda

    I really enjoy reading your blog.

    I have a writing question for you, if you don't mind. Hope it's not too cheeky to ask you this. What do you do when you have too many "had"s in a story? My 700 word story has tons of them and I've just finished bolding most of them so I can see just how many I have. But I don't know how to replace them with other words except the contraction of had.

    ReplyDelete