Tuesday 26 March 2013

One door opens...




I haven’t been in the mood for blogging since I moved. 
The snow, this stupid head cold and cough, the biting winds and even more snow; they’ve all contrived to sap my energy 
At the moment, all I want to do is keep warm and do nothing very much at all. What I’m having to do instead is seeing lots of builders and double glazing people while I try to make up my mind what to fix first and how much to spend.I have a list of jobs that needs doing which gets longer every day. This morning, I discovered the top drawer in the kitchen had no back to it which was why I kept losing cutlery.
The good news is that the door to the conservatory is now mended which makes me feel more secure. I found a receipt for a window and door repair man and he fixed it in no time flat. The bad news is that he confirmed what I already suspected, the front door is not mendable so I will have to have a new one. At least then I’ll get a letterbox , AND lose the devilishly dangerous step UP when you come in the front door.
As I feel poorly I’m not even going to try to do anything useful. I did go out last night though. I had to. It was Leeds Writers Circle’s AGM and I was standing for election as secretary so it wouldn’t have gone well had I not shown up. It was the usual deadly dull affair. I hope with the brand new committee, things will change for the better.
The weather was miserable so rather than risking making my cold even worse, and to avoid hanging round a draughty station, I caught a taxi home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment