Tuesday 12 March 2013

I AM moving but I am NOT celebrating (yet)



Contracts were finally exchanged yesterday so it seems I AM actually moving.
I feel cheated as once again something good has happened but I don’t feel like celebrating.  I have gone into weepy mode. I’ve found this move at least twenty times more stressful than any of my other moves, and I’ve moved PLENTY of times. The most annoying thing is that if I’d known my buyers were going to mess me around so much I would have gone away for at least a week, as soon as Louis left and I could REALLY use a break. As it is, I’ve no idea when I’ll get one. It all depends on how quickly I can get sorted in the new house.
I don’t have the  heart to get started on any new projects but the good news is that I will be moved and free of this house and its garden before the 22nd of March is over (the anniversary of my mother’s death).
As soon as I have the money from selling this house, I’m going to book Swanwick and the Warwick Festival (NAWG). I’m teaching at both so hopefully they will be holding places for me.
I’m thinking about going to Caerleon too as it’s the last year. It will give me a chance to catch up with some old friends, plus I’m not teaching, so it will be a break too.
Apologies to anyone reading this who’s looking for words of wisdom about writing. I can assure you that normal service WILL be resumed, SOON.  
At the moment I'm offering my book, THE WRITER'S TREASURY OF IDEAS for £9 including postage to the UK as if I can sell them I don't have to move them, so if you have any writing friends with birthday s coming up..... 
payment is by Paypal to lindatorbay@yahoo.co.uk 
 

1 comment:

  1. It seems as if it is finally happening. Stay positive and think of all the things you are thankful for then go and buy yourself a bottle of bubbly ready to celebrate on the 22nd!

    ReplyDelete