Thursday 7 March 2013

Dates, but nothing definite.



I have a date for my move, but there’s a but…..  it’s not definite until we exchange and that might not be until Tuesday the 12th. As completion on my purchase is on the 15th, that doesn’t leave much time to manoeuvre. I've booked a removal company and told them I'll confirm as soon as I can. I've also   spoken to Virgin about getting connected at the new place. That's about all I CAN do right now. 


Each time something seems to be certain, there’s another hold up. It really is getting to me. I will be so glad when all this is over then I can get on with my life.  It was a pleasure to go to crossword class this afternoon. That hour and a half is like an oasis in the desert.
I had some Writers Bureau work to do today which was perfect as it was something definite that needed to be done. As for anything else, I emptied a cupboard and asked John to clear his stuff out of my loft. He’s coming back tomorrow to work on the shed. As far as I’m concerned almost everything he’s been keeping in the loft/garage/shed isn’t worth the floor space but try telling him that. I’m really looking forward to the day when he has his OWN garage then I won’t feel burdened by all his ‘junk’.  He’s even saved a pile of dry logs.
I called in at Blockbusters on the way home. It’s such a shame they’re closing.  I’ll miss them. I bought some films to watch as there’s not much point trying to do very much else while I’m waiting for definite dates.  Do I wish I hadn’t decided to move? No. Right now the garden is starting to burst into life which means grass o cut, hedges to trim,  weeds to battle. Having a small garden will mean I can actually spend some time enjoying the garden rather than worrying about it. I can hardly wait, and that, of course, is the problem. I’ve never been any good at waiting…..

No comments:

Post a Comment