Sunday 17 February 2013

Making excuses



Thank you to everyone who offered helpful ideas re my printer problem.  According to the PC man, you can do it for 32 bits but not 64. What that means I have no idea. The long and short of it is I have to have a new printer. What I’ll do, WHEN I eventually move, is keep the old printer just as a back up then I can transfer files to it when I have a lot to print.I hate getting rid of things that are working well.
After yesterday (the man came back to transfer my documents to the new PC) when he ran a check that lasted FIVE Hours to make sure the hard drive was well (not exactly encouraging) my eyes were aching. The screen even at a reduced brightness, made my eyes ache. I’ve just turned it right down to 18 and it’s a lot better.
It’s time for some more excuses, like it’s hard to get motivated when I can’t set up the new office space properly until the printer’s here, and what’s the point of packing everything into boxes when I have no firm idea when I’ll actually be moving but I really should at least try to do something useful.
I think I’ll have a look at the stories I wrote last week and see if they’re ready for another edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment