Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year



Welcome 2013, I’m so glad you’re here.
I had a great day yesterday. After going to bed before midnight, I got up late on New Years Day and decided to make it another ‘Boxing Day’. I ended up doing a virtual move by which I mean making changes to all the bedrooms  so that it was like  I had actually moved.
I spent some time planning what I need to do to the house to bring it back up to scratch then got in with the ‘move.’
Bedroom 3 is now my art/music room , Bed 2 is the guest room, and Bed 1 now has a large cupboard instead of a bedside cabinet so that my books don’t keep falling off! As always, I ended up moving some pieces of furniture several times before deciding where they were going to finish up. I now have to put things away but that’s not urgent.
After I’d worn myself out, it was time for a soak, then a celebratory meal of turkey. I have a wonderful butcher near me who does the most amazing fresh turkey drumsticks with enough meat on them for three portions (greedy portions at that) which they sell for the wonderful price of £1.50.
Then some wine and some Christmas pudding, followed by my Wasgij and Miranda on TV.
Probably because I was too tired, I didn’t sleep well so at 4a.m. I carried on reading The Life of Pi. That sent me back to sleep and I finished the book when I woke this morning. I know everybody loves this book but it didn’t do a thing for me, possibly because I’m not keen on graphic scenes of animal butchery. I could say more but wouldn’t want to put anyone off reading it. I think it’s very much a matter of taste. I didn’t like it. That’s all I have to say.
Now it’s off to the shops to get paint and a curtain pole so I can start to implement those plans for doing up the house.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment