Friday 17 February 2012

Panic setting in


As the days count down, I’m starting to panic about my lodger moving out.
Some days, he’s the only person I speak to.
I’m also finding it hard to cope with al the non–creative stuff that I’ve been doing lately. It seems never ending. I want to get back to putting words down on paper. I THINK I’ve got some idea about the web site now so will be able to get something sent off fairly soon. The question I had was this, was it better to revamp the current site, or launch a new one. I THINK I’ve decided to adapt the old one, then gradually develop a second one for things like on line courses, feedback, writing tips and so on.
I forced myself to go the Writers Club last night and was pleased to discover that I’d taken second prize (£30 and a mug) in the memoir competition. As it was the first time I’d entered that kind of comp, the judge’s comments were encouraging  Another reason why I’m keen to get back to the book!
Tonight, is another Spice night and again I’m wishing I hadn’t put my name down because I feel so shattered (Louis is a lovely lovely dog but he did get me up at 3.30 a.m., 5.30 a.m. and 7.30 a.m.). It’s a wine tasting, something I’ve never tried before so I’ll just have to make the effort.
Why is it so much harder to go out of an evening in February?????

1 comment: