Friday 24 February 2012

The last weekend with John as my lodger


Louis, my favourite Labrador, went home this morning –  just trotted off without a backward glance. Mind you he does the same thing when he arrives. He’s such a happy, well–adjusted dog, I don’t think he cares who he’s with, so long as they love him.
Once he was safely out of the way it was time to start the removal process. John is taking a lot of my things with him when he leaves to save having to buy new. He’s hired a man and a van to move the large lumps on Monday, so today was spent bringing things downstairs, putting furniture into or removing it from, the garage, taking up large rugs, putting different ones down etc. It was very hard work especially as neither of us has got over the cold bug yet. Getting a lot of the heavy stuff done today means he’ll have time to get his strength back before Monday.
I have a workshop on building characters to go to tomorrow. I really don’t feel up to it, so I’ll see how I am when I wake up (at least with the dog gone I might get some uninterrupted sleep). I may go and leave early.
Right now I want to curl up in front of the TV with a large glass of something nice but before I can do that, I need to make sure my bedroom is more or less straight after all the furniture shifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment