Wednesday 19 October 2011

No snging, or playing, today

Last night, I went to a dinner shuffle with Spice Yorkshire, held at Create restaurant in the centre of Leeds. My sore throat made it hard for me to talk, which was annoying but
I was pleasantly surprised by the range of people attending - there was even one rather appealing man. Of course, the shuffle conspired never to let me sit anywhere near him so I will have to hope I see him again at another event. Right now I don’t even know if he’s single. The long and the short of it is that I’ve decided to join the organisation and try to get a place at their Christmas do (thanks again, Helen!).
That will make 5 Christmas dos I’m going to, but in my view you can’t have too many.
Today was my Heydays day. There was no point staying for the singing, thanks to me throat, so I left after lunch. Since then I’ve had a bit of a rest (I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since this bug landed) then tackled some reading. I was asked to judge the short list of the recent Write Place competition so if you entered, now is the time to bribe me! (Don’t worry, I’m joking.)
I’ve just read all the entries. I will go back to them later and the ones that stick in my mind after a second reading, will make the short list.
My new digital keyboard is sitting on a chair, alone and unloved. I’m waiting for a time when my loathsome lodger is out so that I can play it without feeling embarrassed.
For now, it’s back to the book for which the end (of the first draft at least) is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment