Friday 21 October 2011

FEELING WORSE AND WONDERING WHY

Last night was worse than ever. Not only did lying down make me cough, I felt sick and generally foul. I don’t know if that’s the bug or a reaction to the tablets. I will have to wait and see.
Rather than write the day off, I decided to start reading the NAWG competition entries as it’s going to take me quite a while. Stupidly I’m not getting paid for doing this, apart from any money for critiques (short crit £3 a go). I really need to stop doing so many things that take time but bring no reward but I wanted to help NAWG as they were having problems. The standard is remarkably high which is pleasantly surprising with some really good writing. Unfortunately there are quite a few stories that lack structure and are more like recalled memories or anecdotes than rounded fiction but at least that makes it easier for me to sort out a shortlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment