Sunday 16 October 2011

My best dog has gone home

I've added 1300 words to the book, said goodbye to Louis, and done a massive clean up. Now I need to make up the bed, sans hairs, and start some serious People's friend research, i.e. read as many o ftheir stories as I can find and analyse them, whilst watching the repeat of the Grand Prix (and trying not to cry).
I know it's daft, but having a dog to talk to is such a help. I can talk to my lodger and get less of a reaction, or, as is often the case, ignored or snapped at. Louis let me talk to him any time I liked and he never once disagreed with me. It was so soothing to wake in the middle of the night and hear him snoring!
If I write any more I'll cry, so I'm going to sign off and get reading.

2 comments:

  1. Aww - no tears Linda x Louis wouldn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s not daft at all. I miss my dog – he always listened to me and was always there for me.

    ReplyDelete