Monday 17 October 2011

Feeling under par

I felt poorly within hours of Louis going home and woke up with a raging sore throat and a cough. I was meant to go to the Writers Club tonight, but decided against. I’m seriously glad I did as the weather has suddenly turned foul – high winds and pelting rain.
I spent most of the day working on my second collection of crime stories. It’s more or less ready. I just need to print it off and take it to my tame proof reader. I also printed out the new book I’ve been working on for the best six weeks to see where the gaps are and to basically go through it. It’s looking quite good and I’m feeling quite pleased about the way it’s going. I only hope my potential publisher feels the same way.
Apart from that, I found 2 stories that might be suitable for the People’s Friend and printed them ready to submit. I spent several hours yesterday analysing six copies of the magazine so hopefully I now have a better idea what they might want to buy.
I’ve also been trying to find another pet agency that I can board dogs through. So far no luck. If I want to go it alone, the insurance costs around £84 a year that together with the licence fee hardly makes it worth doing, but I’d hate not to see Louis again.
Now I’ve had enough. I feel like going to bed, but getting too much sleep doesn’t work for me. Instead, I’m going to watch University Challenge and Only Connect and see how I feel after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment