Monday 21 May 2012

Thinking


I’ve been quiet lately mainly because I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.
Now Mum has gone,  and John has his own place to live,  my life has changed completely.
For the first time for as long as I can remember, I can put myself first and do what I want for a change. That sounds easy, but from where I’m standing, it’s anything but because I have no idea what that means. The one thing I really DO want is a warm and loving family but you can’t buy one of those on eBay (if you could, I would).
I’ve been doing the odd bit of work, but apart from my Writers Forum column, nothing new, just revisions and such like.
I’m very aware that I’ve fallen behind with all kinds of things.  I’m sure there are emails I should have replied to, and I’ve kept both my writing pupils waiting longer than I would like, so I’m taking this opportunity to say, please bear with me, and if you were expecting to hear from me/waiting for me to reply to a message/etc/etc, please give me a nudge.
I had a lovely message via Twitter today from a lady who entered the short story competition I ran in 2010. She paid for a critique, took my advice on board and has just made her first sale to take a Break. Feedback like that is wonderful as it makes the effort worthwhile.
I’d been wondering whether to stop offering a feedback service but that message has made me think again.  
The one thing I know I do want to do is write another book for writers. I just have to hope my lack of marketing activity with The Treasury hasn’t put the publisher off.
Now to finish the final tweaks to my column, then see if I can find a story or two to send to Yours, or The Weekly News, or maybe catch up with my writing pupils, or go and do some gardening seeing as the weather’s calmed down a bit.
Or I just might do a jigsaw…..

No comments:

Post a Comment