Friday 5 April 2013

Things are happening too fast. Help!



Time is running away with me. That would be fine if I was younger but my energy levels aren’t what they used to be.
I spent most of yesterday in Harrogate, at a U3A creative writing day. I was on in the afternoon for just under two hours, talking, setting exercises, passing on tips and so on. It seemed to go very well. The problem is that I get so tense beforehand and have all kinds of wobbly fits, wanting to cancel, run away, and so on. Once I start, I’m fine. Once I’m in my stride, and the people start to respond, I begin to enjoy myself. That’s the part I like, it’s the waiting that gets to me.  
Regular readers will know that I’m buying a flat to rent out. I was told the sale would complete once the tenants moved out on, or around the 20th. I’ve now been told they are moving out this weekend which means I’ll have to sort all that out, sooner than expected.  There’s a lot to do before I can rent it out – check the gas, buy a cooker, fridge, etc, get insurance, find somebody to repair the roof.....
I’m starting to get a bit frustrated because I don’t have time to write anything. I haven’t even done my April sub to My Weekly yet.
I can’t complain, not really. It’s good that things are happening at last. I just wish I felt a bit more in control….

No comments:

Post a Comment