Tuesday 23 April 2013

last day of my course



I spent most of today at the last session of the course for writing group facilitators. I found it rather and slow and dare I say it, not that interesting. I guess I like writing to be fun more than worthy or wordy but it was good to meet some new people. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep in touch with some of them.
When I got home, it was waiting time – waiting for electricians to come and quote for various bits and pieces.  One was a no-show. When I chased him, he said he’d called and left a message to say he was delayed, but there was nothing on my machine. So now I have to wait for them to quote – always scary as I have no idea what electrical work costs these days.
Not wanting to let the day slip by, I took time to write up the notes for yesterday’s meeting of Leeds Writers Circle. I’m so pleased I stepped into the breech as secretary as I already feel much more involved with the group. Since the committee changed, there’s more energy at the meetings so if you’ve been thinking of coming along, why not give LWC a try? Programme details are on the web site www.leedswriterscircle.co.uk
I marked one assignment for the Writers Bureau then watered the plants I put in at the weekend. Now I have run out, not just of steam, but of any kind of energy at all, so time to go and watch the last episode of Broadchurch (isn’t David Tenant dishy?) and maybe have a tiny glass of wine… 
If you're reading this, Valerie, thanks for the phone message. Cheer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment