Tuesday 2 April 2013

Spring is sprung



I am that tired at the moment, by the time it gets to nine o’clock (pm!), I’m so exhausted, I can’t even concentrate properly on a TV programme (was anyone else baffled by Jonathan Creek???) , let alone do anything creative.  
I’m not complaining. Feeling physically exhausted is good. It makes such a change to be able to actually do things, rather than waiting and hanging about (as I had to while waiting for the house sale to complete).  Now the weather’s better, it’s hard to resist gardening. I’ve already planted a Victoria plum and some bits and pieces of soft fruit. I’d completely lost interest in the garden at my old house. It had become a burden. This one feels like a blessing. I’ve removed the blind from the kitchen  window as that I can see straight out on to it.  That makes the washing up much easier.
I spent most of today on the first part of a course. It’s for people who run/facilitate  writing groups. I’m not sure what I think about it yet. There were parts I found useful and others I found truly baffling, but I’m interested enough to go back next week. It was nice to get out and about too as I haven’t been doing much of that recently.
Tomorrow the ex-secretary of Leeds Writers Circle is coming round to hand over the reins to me.  He’s been very efficient and the voice in my head keeps telling me that there’s no way I’ll be able to do as good a job as he’s done. A while ago, I wold have listened to that voice but things have changed (than goodness). Now I realise that all I have to do is the best I can and that will be fine. There are things he will have done better than I ever will but there are also things that I will do better than he has. It’s the same with everything – up and down, black and white, good and bad. I don’t have to try to be perfect anymore is possibly the biggest lesson I’ve learned.
As the garden starts to come back to life, I’m starting to feel more invigorated.  I have to say it’s a great feeling , one I had almost forgotten.
I guess it’s true what they say; time really does heal all wounds. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Onwards and upwards, as they say. You're doing really well, Linda. x

    ReplyDelete