Sunday 27 February 2011

Busy doing anything but actual writing


I seem to have spent the day pushing a fat elephant up a hill.
First, I decided to reformat a book that I’ve been putting together at Lulu  then spent quite a lot of time looking at postage costs and how many I’d need to buy etc etc to make it worth my while. I’ve never had any books of my own to sell so have no idea how popular they will be. (I’ve sold 8 copies of Diamonds and Pearls so far which is good, considering I haven’t done any talks yet.)
After watching the Gadget Show last night, I then spent hours on Istock photo, working through their gumph and information, then had to take their exam, passed at the third attempt then spent another wad of time choosing which 3 photos to upload. Now I have to wait and see if they take them. I used to take a lot of photos, back in the old, pre digital days. Back then, I used to write abuot tropical fish and took photos to accompany my articles. I still have hundreds of photos with an agency (FLPA) who send me a small cheque every now and then.
Now it’s quarter past five and I’m running out of steam. Oh well, tomorrow’s another day. Having spent this week on various books, it’s time to switch back to fiction next week. 
I think I’m looking forward to it!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment